RAKSHA BANDHAN/ RAKHI
Date: 15th Aug 2019
Raksha bandhan is a very popular festival of Hindu Ceremony which is mostly celebrated in India and some other places of Earth-like South Africa, Nepal, Indonesia, Australia, Pakistan, Mauritius etc, according to the Hindu culture or lunar calendar.
Rakha Bandhan is usually celebrated on the last day of Hindu lunar calendar month of shravana which falls in the month of august or matches with Upa-karma day. This festival is also called as Rakhi Poornima, Kajari Poornima, nariyal Poornima in the different parts of India and also celebrated according to the culture followed.
This day is denoted by the love between brother and sister. On this day sister tie amulet or thread called Rakhi on the wrist of their brother in the sign of their protection and in return they offer gifts and expect a promise of a potential care or obligation, and which is the ultimate meaning of ‘Raksha’ – protection ‘Bandhan’ – promise(Bond of protection). This day brings all the family member together to celebrate this festival and brings more happiness and create bonding between each other.
During this festival people who are married comes back to their brothers home and some brother travel to their sisters home to celebrate this festival. This festival brings brother and sister together for celebrating this festival. For the people who are not blood relatives, this festival creates a relation in between both of them as brother and sister by tying rakhi and they represent themselves as their cousins. This festival is also celebrated between sister and sister in law(bhabhi) by tying Lumba(rakhi) and prays for their better lives and togetherness.
RAKHI is an ornament which is tied on the wrist of the brother by their sister in the form of celebrating Raksha Bandhan festival. It can be in the form of bracelets, amulets, cotton thread, talisman, charms, sacred thread etc.
This ritual is followed as this, In this festival sisters prepare Rakhi ki thali for their brothers with Kumkum, Roli, Akshat, sweet, aarti Diya and rakhi. With this festival, a small puja is done and then all the family member pray together for the long lives of all of them.
“RAKSHA BANDHAN- A BROTHER AND SISTER FESTIVAL”
After offering puja to the god, sister makes a wooden platform and then make brother sit on that platform. After that, both of them pray for their long lives. Then apply some Tilak on your brother’s forehead with some of the wet kumkum and with Akshat. Then tie Rakhi to the brother’s wrist and surge with some Arti and pray for their good lives. Offer some sweets to brother and accept the gift given by them.
This ritual can be varied from one region to others as people follow many cultures. This is a festival of getting family of all sibling and cousins together and enjoy with each other. This brings more bonding between them. Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan is a festival of celebrating the love between each other. And we wish you HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN TO YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR OF TOGETHERNESS.
QUOTES FOR RAKSHA BANDHAN/ RAKHI
- Phoolon Ka
Taaron Ka Sabka Kehna Hai
Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
Sari Umar Tuje khus Dekna Hai
- You, my sister, are someone more special than words. You are love mixed with friendship and a million everlasting favourite memories. You are a hand within my hand enfolded with love and understanding. You give me a feeling that makes me wonder what I would ever do without you, and no one is loved so dearly. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- It may be that memories will fade with time but the love that brother and sister share will never fade away, rather it will multiply over the years. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my dearest sister” “On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I want to send all my love and good wishes to my dear sister who has always been my best friend!! Love for my beautiful sister
- Rishta hai janmo ka hamara,
Bharosa ka aur pyar bhara,
Chalo ise bandhe bhaiya
rakhi ke atut bandhan mein
Happy Raksha Bandhan to My Dearest Brother!!
- We laugh and cry, we play and fight. We shared moments of happiness and sorrows, which made our bond stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you Sister.
- You’re the best brother anybody could want.
I am very happy to be your brother
And do not change it for anything in the world.
I hope you’re very happy on this special day.
!! Happy Raksha Bandhan Brother!!
- The pious occasion of Raksha Bandhan
Reminds me of the days when we were kids.
We fought and made up easily.
Those lovely days can’t come back
But will always stay in my heart.
Missing you darling brother on this Raksha Bandhan
- Thank God has given you one more year of life.
Hope you have a nice and happy day brother,
Let’s celebrate Happy Rakhi in a big way.
**Happy Raksha Bandhan Bro**
- “The loving occasion of Raksha Bandhan is the best time Brother, to reminisce fondly the wonderful moment we have spent together, sharing each other’s joys and sorrows… Thanks for spreading smiles everywhere and making life so beautiful, meaningful and Happy Raksha Bandhan My Dear Brother.”
- A Sister Is Someone Who Listens When You Talk, Laughs When U Laugh, And
Holds Your Hand When You Cry, Having
A Sister Is Like Having a Best Friend
You Can’t Get Rid Of. You Know
Whatever You Do, They’ll Still Be There!
Happy Raksha Bandhan to My Dearest Sister!!
- S: Splendid And
T: Towering Our Life With
E: Exuberance And
R: Responsiveness at All Times!
!!Happy Raksha Bandhan Sis!!
- What Is the Day without Sun?
What Is the Night without Moon?
What Is Life without Struggle?
What Is Death with Fear?
What Is Festivals without Relatives?
What Is Fun without Friends?
I Think Every Single Moment…!!
Love My Sister!!
HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN..!!!!
- Dear Sister,
I Vow To Protect You
At All Times From All Kinds Of
Evils and To Be There
For You in Hours of Need or Crisis
**Happy Raksha Bandhan**
- Sister is someone who is caring and sharing.
Sister can understand things you never said.
She can understand pain which is not visible to anyone.
I love u my dearest sister.
!!HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN sweet Sis!!
- You know that you are the most precious stone in the collection of my secret treasure… Wishing you very HAPPY RAKHI and best of luck for everything!!
- It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… someone to tell on!
- Sister, you are like a fragrant rose. Sister, you are the greatest gift of life. Sister, you lift my spirit to newer heights. Sister, you make me feel special always
- We gain and lose things every day. But trust me on one thing. You’ll never lose me, I will always be here. Happy Raksha Bandhan… I love My Sister.
For some skin care and oragnic products contact- www.skinishcare.com